EHCA Meeting set for Jan. 31
The Eagle Hill Civic Association will hold its January Meeting on Wednesday, January 31, at 7 p.m. at East Boston High School inside the cafeteria.
The agenda is as follows:
* Station 7 Updates: Officers Danny Simons and Jim Martin
* 514 Saratoga St. Legalize an existing occupancy of 1 commercial with 2 residential units above. Jennifer Coppenrath
* 187 Condor St. outside rehab of an approved 9 unit condo
* 36 Monmouth St. Change occupancy from a 2 to 3 unit residential
* 69 Lexington St.
* Suffolk Downs Project: Tom O’Brien & Dino DiFronzo
Note, Eagle Hill sweatshirts will also be for sale to help raise money for the group.
LEARN ITALIAN FREE
The class will be held at Robert DeLeo Senior Center, 35 Harvard Street Winthrop for residents age 55 and above.
Whether you have Italian ancestry, or just want to learn one
of the world’s most beautiful languages, join us at informal and friendly
Italian language and culture classes. Wednesday afternoons from 1 15 to 2 45 p.m.
For info call 617-846-8538
Boston Public Library’s free homework help underway
Boston Public Library’s free Homework Help program began and runs through May 24, 2018, offering free afterschool help and mentorship provided by high-achieving high school students at most BPL locations across the city. The program, offered Monday through Thursday from 3:30 -5:30 p.m. is open to students in grades K-8; no registration required. Boston Teacher’s Union (BTU) tutors are also available during select weekdays from 4-6 p.m. for students in grades K-12. Visit www.bpl.org/homework for complete information. Most homework help mentors and program participants are Boston Public Schools students, though it is open to all, and BTU tutors are either current or retired Boston Public Schools teachers.
Tech goes home
Tech Goes Home is a computer based program with the goal of ensure that all low-come residents of Greater Boston are equipped with the tools, training, and access to support 21st Century skills development. The TGH program offers resident the ability to improve their quality of life as new member of the online community.
What’s included for Boston residents?
- 15 Hours of Computer training
- A web based curriculum designed to help you access resources throughout the internet.
- The option to purchase a brand new computer for just $50
- Help accessing significantly discounted high-speed internet for qualified participants
If you interested in participating or have any questions,Speak to a staff at ABCD East Boston APAC or Call 617-567-8857
Valentines East Boston Open Market
Sunday, Feb. 11, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Join us to shop local for the ones you adore and love! Nestled in the lobby of The Eddy at 10 New Street with harbor views, a fireplace and live music by Rose and the Wild Edibles, and complimentary family beverages! This months community partner is the Donald McKay School who will have knitted items!
Please check out our Vendors and follow us on IG and FB for Maker Spotlights!
Another Game of Mine
Beachmont Board Co.
Donald McKay Knits
June Krinsky Rudders
Melissa Mauricio Wellness
Morrison Mae Jewelry
Murph and Moose
Plant Based Provisions
Urban Kitchen Handmade
Republican Committee’s Delegate Selection Meeting
You Are Invited to the East Boston Republican Committee’s Delegate Selection Meeting Tuesday, February 13, 6:00 p.m.
YMCA Boston, 215 Bremen St., East Boston
You do not have to be a member of Boston’s Ward 1 Committee in order to be elected as a Delegate to the Massachusetts State Convention, which will be in Worcester on April 28th. If you are interested, please join us at the February 13th meeting!
For further info contact: [email protected]
Harbor View Neighborhood Association Meeting
February 2018 Harbor View Neighborhood Association Meeting
February 5, 2018 at 7pm (doors open at 6:30)
East Boston Yacht Club
1 Rice Street
Welcome/Introduction/Announcements (5 min)
Station 7 Update Sgt. Martin, Officer Simons (5 min)
- City Councilor Lydia Edwards Snow Angels Program
Presentation (15 min)
- Alex Difronzo from Piers Park Sailing Club (10 min)
- Annual financial update from HVNA Treasurer (5 min)
55-57 Chaucer Street – VOTE (Must have attended at least one of last three meetings (Nov/Dec/Jan) or be an abutter (300ft) to be eligible) (15 minutes)
- Owner R. Sferrazza to subdivide parcel, no work on #55: renovate & expand #57 as a single family
740 Saratoga – 1st presentation (15 minutes)
- Owner wants to increase living space in basement
Suffolk Downs – 3rd presentation (20 minutes)