Special to the Times-Free Press
The Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) will celebrate Eastie Week with free family day at the Watershed on July 13.
There will be a full day of activities includes art-making, dance performances, tours in English and Spanish, music, and more!
This full day of FREE activities includes:
• Art making inspired by Aquí y allá: juntos a la mesa (Here and There: Together at the Table), a project by artist Evelyn Rydz in collaboration with Kannan Thiruvengadam of Eastie Farm
• Bites from the Chubby Chickpea food truck + elotes from Veronica Robles Dance Company for sale
• Samples from Milk Bar Harvard Square
• Books to check out from the Boston Public Library Bibliocycle
• Watershed tours at 1 p.m. (Spanish) + 1:30 p.m. (English)
• Performances by Veronica Robles Dance Company at 2 p.m.
• Dancing with Zumix hosted at Windy Films at 2:30 p.m.
• Activities from our community partners East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston Social Centers and Maverick Landing Community Services
Free Trolley Service is included between the ICA Watershed and the following locations:
• Maverick Landing Community Services, 31 Liverpool St.
• East Boston Social Centers, 68 Central Square
• East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, 20 Maverick Square
• Orient Heights, 856 Bennington St.
• Salesian Boys & Girls Club, 150 Byron St.
WHEN: Sat, Jul 13, 12–4 p.m.
WHERE: ICA Watershed, 256 Marginal St., East Boston, MA 02128
Thank you to our partners East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston Social Centers and Maverick Landing Community Services.
The ICA Watershed, opened in the Boston Harbor Shipyard and Marina in summer 2018, transformed a 15,000-square-foot, formerly condemned space into a vast and welcoming venue to see and experience large-scale art in East Boston. Open seasonally from late May to early September, the Watershed features major artist and community projects every year. Admission to the Watershed—central to the museum’s vision for art and civic life—is free for all. Water Shuttle transportation between the Watershed and the ICA is included in ICA admission.
Purple, an immersive video installation by acclaimed artist John Akomfrah, is currently on view at the Watershed. For a list of all projects and programs at the Watershed this summer, click here.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Closed on Mondays, but will be open for special community days on Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Since its founding in 1936, the ICA has shared the pleasures of reflection, inspiration, imagination, and provocation that contemporary art offers with its audiences. A museum at the intersection of contemporary art and civic life, the ICA has advanced a bold vision for amplifying the artist’s voice and augmenting art’s role as educator, incubator, and convener for social engagement. Its innovative exhibitions, performances, and educational programs provide access to contemporary art, artists, and the creative process, inviting audiences of all ages and backgrounds to participate in the excitement of new art and ideas. Spanning two locations across Boston Harbor, the ICA offers year-round programming at its iconic building in Boston’s Seaport and seasonal programming (May-September) at the Watershed in an East Boston shipyard.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, MA, 02210. The Watershed is located at 256 Marginal St., East Boston, MA 02128. For more information, call 617-478-3100 or visit our website at icaboston.org. Follow the ICA at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.